TenX Community Forum

Newly Launched: TenX Virtual Visa Card

:white_check_mark:Receive card instantly upon approval
:white_check_mark:Spend online anywhere Visa is accepted
:white_check_mark:Full security controls through the app

6 Likes

What’s the purpose to have or a physical card for 15 dollars or a virtual card for 5 dollars, if only 1 of the 2 can be active/applied at the time.

And what’s the purpose of a virtual card without NFC when no perks are given right now to purchases?

And only card live countries can apply.

Can you explain what the benefits are? Except from not loosing you physical card and being 10 dollars cheaper to get and instantly.

1 Like

It’s a step closer to NFC functions.
There are actually many people who are just satisfied with a virtual card (we did surveys)
No waiting time (in APAC it can even take 4 weeks for the card to arrive)
If we are writing “at the moment”, that are things we will working on at some point. Again, there is no point in waiting for every kind of feature to be ready to launch a product.

Any chance we can get a voucher to try out the virtual card?

Hi @Gseletko. TENXMAY should work :slightly_smiling_face:

I remember this question indeed somewhere

But I think you(tenx) are pulling the answers away out of context: (probably)

1. Yes we do want just a virtual card,
    But probably because we think that a virtual card has no country limiting issues and its faster to issue to non live countries, and ofcourse that is works directly with NFC at launch (because come on, which virtual card hasn’t got NFC nowadays)

I totally agree with you that NFC is a big part of it. If I remember correctly, we asked specific questions, but I can’t remember exactly.

I kinda misread it and thought I could apply for a virtual card right now. Reading the blogpost left me kinda disappointed. Good that you are rolling out new stuff, but you know I don’t really like the half-baked products you put out. But we had that discussion already.

Thing is, now is the time to onboard new users. And with this, you’re just going to confuse them honestly. Virtual card? Sounds awesome! Less expensive than physical card? Even more awesome! Until they find out they can only use it for online purchases and will need to re-order a physical card in order to fully make use of it.

1 Like

This is the current screen to choose a card, in our test phase it was clear enough for the user.

Of course if our analytics say and customers writing to us that this is not clear we will improve this. I think this is also just a temporary screen btw.

Nothing for France … the most big country in EU …

:soon:

1 Like

Nice, to have the choice for virtual visa card.
Good work

3 Likes

as someone on reddit :

From what i can tell it is not a virtual card. It is just like taking a picture of the physical card and keeping it on your phone

:sweat_smile:

That’s what you call a virtual card? https://privacy.com/virtual-card

With NFC it would be a different product.

It depends which websites you are getting information from.

Because some people will consider this as a virtual card :
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_card

Explicit check the usage section.

But again: there is nothing wrong offering a virtual creditcard, but it’s seems weird because the main product is a physical creditcard, so when you provide a virtual card, people just expect more.

We know this could be the case and thanks for pointing that out. We will do changes accordingly when the feedback of the users who choose a card showing it too.

i don’t get what this virtual card thing is about…

can i order both versions of the card when i’m new to tenx?
what happens when i order the virtual card, and after some days i order a physical one?
if i already have a physical card, there is nothing to benefit from, am i right?

can i order both versions of the card when i’m new to tenx?

Not yet.

what happens when i order the virtual card, and after some days i order a physical one?

You can only have one of them at the moment. If you want to switch you have to cancel your card and order the other one.

if i already have a physical card, there is nothing to benefit from, am i right?

That is currently true.

Please could you confirm if the above is still true for the latest TenX (Beta) app version (July 10, 2020 update)?

There doesn’t appear to be a requirement to cancel the physical card if a virtual card is ordered.

Thanks

2 Likes